Saturday, August 23, 2008

Niki is here!

Its so great to have him here!! Finally, someone to walk around and see and comment on things with! He arrived yesterday afternoon around 2:30, and after he had lunch and a short nap we headed out all walked ALL over the place. Starting in the North, we walked past the Grande Opera, down past the Louvre, across and along the Seine river, saw pont neuf, the Concierge and Notre Dame, then walked more, and saw the Pantheon and the gates of Luxembourg park. Then we took the bus home, and stopped along the way for some groceries.

We were out for like 5 hours. I cant believe he held up! I certainly couldnt have, considering the disgusting mess I was when I arrived here! The pictures of our day will be up by this afternoon, Paris time.

2 comments:

Emma said...

awww i'm so happy for you. :D

get on msn sometime for more of a personable update, yes? methinks so.

Unknown said...

You were walking up some pretty lonely looking roads looking for the coast. Glad you finally found it safely...(Sorry..I am always afraid of the weirdo's lurking somewhere). The name of the big curly plant the tropical one you mentioned is an Aloe vera plant. That was the size of the plant ( I covered my body with after splitting them open to help my sunburn ) while in Bermuda in '89. Perfect for what ails you. Glad NIki found his way there O.K. I knew he was coming. You are right, you will now have someone to go with you to see the sights who speaks english. Have fun.